- Information that we collect from you
- Using your information
- Your information
- Security and keeping your information
- Accessing and updating your information
Information that we collect from you
When you visit or register on this website we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself, including your name and contact details. We may also collect information about the following,
- Your usage of our website as well as information about you from any messages you post to the website and any e-mails or letters you send to us.
- Information about your visit, including your IP address, operating system, browser version, where you live, how long you were on the website for and pages you visited (without any details that could identify you). We hold this information on our server logs and use it to collect anonymous statistics which help us improve our service to you. We have the right to use this information to investigate and take action against anyone misusing the site.
- Information you provide on online forms. This includes enquiries, complaints and registration forms.
- Any transaction you carry out on our site. This includes personal information that may identify you for the purposes of the transaction and any account you hold with us. We may also use this information when collecting anonymous statistics.
Using your information
Your information will allow us to provide you with access to all parts of our site and to supply the goods or services you have asked for. It will also enable us to bill you and to contact you about your orders. If we need to we will also use and analyse the information we collect so that we can provide support, improve and develop our business.
In particular, we may use your information to contact you for your views on our services and to tell you about important changes or developments to the site or our services. We may also use your information for all or any of the following purposes.
- To collect anonymous statistics. These are essential to give us an overview of how our site is being used and help us to improve our service.
- We may use the personal information you give on this site to:
- manage the website;
- personalise the website to make it easier for you to use;
- allow you to use the services available on the website;
- send you emails which you have asked for;
- provide other organisations with statistical information about our users, without identifying any individual user; and
- deal with your enquiries and complaints about the website.
We will hold any information you give us on our computers in the UK. Unless the law says we must, we will not share, sell or reveal any of the information you give us without your permission.
Cookies are small amounts of information which are stored on your computer.
This website only uses session cookies. These are cookies that only last for the duration of someone’s visit. When the browser is closed the cookie information is lost.
These are used for temporarily storing anything a website might need, usually functional and essential for the website to work.
- Form data (like our online reply form) and previously clicked links
- Login data for the website content management system (this is for Help Scheme staff who update the website)
Our system will not issue advertising or tracking cookies to your computer when you visit this site and is therefore compliant with the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011.
For more information on cookies, please visit: www.bbc.co.uk/webwise/guides/about-cookies
Security and keeping your information
We use security measures to protect your information from unauthorised people and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We will keep your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law tells us we must.
Accessing and updating your information
You are entitled to see the information we hold about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to make sure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please contact us. By law, we can charge a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.